Hair Removal / Vascular
What is laser waxing?
There are several ways to eliminate hair, but most of them yield temporary effects. Therefore, Waxing by laser is recently used to eliminate hair on unwanted area permanently. It decomposes hair follicle by supplying sufficient energy to hair follicle.
Waxing by body area
- Armpit: As an area women want to wax preferentially, since it is not exposed to sunshine, it will result in good treatment effect. Treatments are made about 5 times every six weeks, and each procedure takes about 10 minutes.
- Mustache: Although all women are not like that, mustache is quite often treated.
Since it generally tends to show less effect on both ends of the mustache, accurate diagnosis and consultation is required before treatment. A procedure takes 5 minutes, which is the shortest.
- Arm, leg: In case of women, the areas next to armpit and mustache which they want to wax are arm and leg. Since suntan may reduce the effect of treatment or increase the probability of side effects, suntan before waxing is prohibited. Since area is wide, one procedure takes about 30 minutes, which is the longest.
- Face: Because of excessively many fine-hair causing inconvenience to make-up in case of women and beard growing widely in case of men, they often want to wax. Since appropriate treatment according to the thickness and color of hair is required, examination and consultation before treatment is necessary on this area.
- Bikini line: This is the area which women who are trying to wear bikini for summer often want to wax. Since the skin in this area is sensitive compared with other areas, delicate treatment is required. This area is the one mostly treated in the West.
How can you maintain after procedure?
- You may have reddish color, swelling, itching, or burning, but they will go away in 2~3 days.
- On the day of waxing, light shower is possible, but rubbing the treatment area and using sauna or spa should be avoided.
- During about two weeks after treatment, excessive sunshine needs to be avoided, and UV sunblock over SPF 30 needs to be used.
- If you scratch because of itching, you may get pigmentation due to inflammation. In case of severe itching, you may take an anti-histaminic.
- Hair damaged by laser is taken off by itself, but you may remove the hair by rubbing like shaking smoothly with dry towel.